Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

OMG, my hubby rescued a kitten

Tags
vet clinic
3K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  pihlaja 
#1 ·
OMG, my hubby rescued a kitty!!!!!! Big news!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last evening, my hubby brought something very special home: a little kitten!!
This is how he met her:
He had a dinner meeting with clients. When he parked his car, he heard a loud meow, coming from the bushes. He went closer and saw this little one. He petted her and then went to that meeting. When he came back to his car about 2,5 hours later, the kitten was still there, and was meowing even louder. He took her in his arms and gave her a piece of a cookie. She ate it whithin a second! Then he noticed she had a weird frontleg. He put her back on the ground and investigated in that neighbourhood and in the restaurant. Nobody knew her, so she must have been abandoned there earlier. He asked for a box, and brought her home!! I was so surprise when he came home and put that little bundle of fur in my arms!!!
Here is a pic of her:

She is such a sweetie!! She purrs like an engine!! So...... we have found her a cute name: SNOOPY

Her right frontleg isn't normal. It looks more like a piggie-paw...! Here is a close pic of it

When she walks around, she does it on 3 legs; she uses that paw when she plays. I have an appointment with our vet at 2.45 pm! I hope she is healthy! I canned see any wounds or fleas. She is very tiny though. When we gave her food and drink the first time, she ate and drank as if she hadn't gotten anything for more than a week

I will write more later. Here are some more pics! And yes, she was introduced to the others already! It is amazing how sweet they all reacted!! i am so thrilled!!!

See less See more
#7 ·
Aww, what a cutie :) How nice of him to rescue her.

There's a show that's popular here in the Maritimes called the Trailer Park Boys...one of the characters has a cat named Vince the Pince who has paws just like that. That's the first thing I thought of :)

#8 ·
That's fabulous he did that. Not only pick her up and bring her home with him, but first see if she'd some how escaped from a loving family somewhere near by.

You're husband is a kitten angel. :angel:

#13 ·
That is so awesome, bless your husbands heart for doing something so great. She is such a cutie. I love the second picture where she is laying down and your other cat is looking at here, this picture is so cute and funny, it looks like they are having an intense conversation, a chat among kitties.

#14 ·
UPDATE 1
First of all: thank you everybody for welcoming my newbie Snoopy!!

It is unbelievable how hard it was to drop Snoopy ar the vet's !. I also think that something is wrong with her chestbone; iy is not completely closed, so you can feel and see her heart beat!
That little furball is only here since Friday night, and already it hurts like **** to leave her there.... . He he, even my 3 other cats were looking for Snoopy; Maya checked all the cat-beds and hidy-holes, but no use. Now she is standing here by my side, meowing softly. What a lucky human I am to be chosen by 4 cats as their meowmie! Yes, I feel honoured !
Oh yes, her intestines are working again! Nice tootsies and pee biscuits several times now . She is a happy little furball now!!

UPDATE 2

Well, all Snoopy's problems are the result of something that happened before she was born. I saw the x-rays of her paws. They show very clearly that she has only 2 develloped toes, and one of these is not very strong. The leg is also a bit shorter. But, she doesn't mind at all. She runs around like any other kitten. Her favorite game is chasing Maya around the living room

Her chestbone then.... .It is indeed underdevelloped too. That bone normally grows into one solid bone during the pregnancy. For some reason, this didn't happen in Snoopy's case. The vet says that Snoopy looks very healthy to her, so there is no need to rush her to a clinic. Today she will show the x-rays to her colleages in the University Vet Clinic in Ghent. She will let me know what they said.

So, in the meantime, we are all enjoying Snoopy very much! During the night she sleeps in our bathroom, which is just next to our bedroom. Everytime I get up (nature calling ), she jumps off her chair and begs to be picked up. Then she starts purring VERY loud!! In the lorning I took her in bed with me, and she fell asleep on my chest. AWWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.