Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

suggestions for chew toys?

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Crazy Chin Lady 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions for chew toys? I have just bought wooden type dowls from the pet stores and I have a critter kabob, but it seems like they don't chew on them very often. What else could I try?

#3 ·
My chinnys love the ferret toys. their favorites are the little hard plastic balls with bells inside. They can't chew through them, they've tried! But they can pick them up in thier mouths and scamper around with them. When I buy new toys I let them play with them under supervision at first, to be sure they are chinny proof! It's hard to find a big selection of chinny toys for some reason, that's why I resorted to ferret toys.

#5 ·
Thanks for the input guys! I always wondered about ferret toys or treats but I wasn't sure if chins could have them. Thanks for the URL chin lady, I will certainly use it! :) I will try pumic stones too, our pet store here in northern WI quit carring them for some reason...I know our wausau stores have them. Again, thank you for all the input!

#8 ·
lol thats cute kare bear, they did play with those wooden dowls but Hayley kept draging them under the water bottle and then I had to throw them because I was afraid that they'd get moldly:yuck: Im heading to the pet store today so I'll pick up something that they will hopefully like. Your suggestions have given me good ideas.

Another question, if people are still reading this thread, are dried apple, banana, and carrot pieces ok for chins as treats? I just found out that my mom has a food dehydrator and I would like to try making them their own treats.

Hello from northern WI chin lady!!!! :wavey:

Thanks all! Kellie

#9 ·
Dried apple and banana would be ok, as long as it's not an everyday treat. My chins are lucky if they get a treat once a week!!! (Bananas and apples are loaded with sugar, that is why I said an every once in a while treat).

My chinnies love the shredded wheat (spoon size), as long as it's not frosted! :)

#10 ·
I agree, bananas and apples only once a week. Carrrots you can feed more often :) Shreddies are GREAT just like Crazy Chin Lady said, even my picky chins love 'em :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.