Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Mean Bunny

Tags
food bowl
2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  lovebuns 
#1 ·
Pinata's been being MEAN lately. When I try to get her to stop pulling threads out of the rug, she scratches me--hard :bawl: And when I let her out of her cage, she's so excited to get out, and that's another time she scratches me! It hurts! XP I stilll have the marks on my hand D:

#6 ·
Millimi said:
How exactly do you try to stop her from doing things?
Spaying is definitely a way to mellow out behavior and cause less health problems in the long run.
I try not to hurt her--I genty nudge her away but then she scratches my hand anyway. :bawl:

I've been trying to convince my mom to get her spayed for a while--She thinks its a waste of money D:

#7 ·
HidokuMouse said:
I try not to hurt her--I genty nudge her away but then she scratches my hand anyway. :bawl:

I've been trying to convince my mom to get her spayed for a while--She thinks its a waste of money D:
Maybe show your mom this?

http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/spay-neuter.html#why

She really needs to be spayed...that's really the only way to correct the problem right now.

#8 ·
HidokuMouse said:
I think your mom will change her mind where all her carpets are distroyed!
I have a unspayed rescued female who has started the same thing. I put a towel on the spot, adn she hasn't done it since.

Two of My Bunnies scratch when they want back in their cage and stuff. Hold her calmly and secure petting her at the same time, and once she settles down then let her down. This way she learns if she's good she gets let down.
Also make sure her nails are well trimmed, this will stop the scratches from being worse, and make sure she dosn't break a nail which is no fun.

#10 ·
It realy does depend from Rabbit to rabbit, my Toky-Ohki is five years old now and un-nutered, I cant say she is a mean bunny unless she happens to be in her bedroom compartment in her hutch when we when we move her food bowl.

Then she grunts and goes to scratch us

.n
(!!!)______ = ^ O ^ = Rummmm!!

#11 ·
Breed or Spay

aloha

my first hand experience is to spay by 6 months if you are not going to breed the female. she will most probably eventually develop cancer and die earlier than needed. spaying is always worth the investment.

the spaying will most certainly help the disposition and keeping the nails trimmed will also help. I use a dremil tool for the nails after clipping to sand down the rough edges.

betts and hina bunny

#13 ·
Just my 2 cents

Ten years ago I lost my beloved bun to cancer. She lived 8 years, but still, I'll always feel bad for not having her spayed. I was dumb at the time, bought her at a pet store, and did not know about the need for spaying.

That would also explain some behaviors she had--biting, snorting, scratching, marking... she was awesome but we all could have done without that stuff. :rolleyes:

Show your mom these posts. Spaying is not a waste--it's a one-time investment. Besides, isn't it worth a bit of money to have her daughter stop being mauled by the family pet??? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.