Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

The girls suffered their own "terrorist" attack!

Tags
rat cage
2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Muzby 
#1 ·
We recently found a kitten living in the woods behind our house, I did the usuall thing a "rescuer" would do and I "rescued" her lol. She's been...well, she'e been a KITTEN I couldn't expect anything less. I introduced her to Molly and Maizy and she didn't seem to have much interest since they just sit around and don't move to fast. She likes to sniff them, swat their tails and go about her day...untill this morning! My DH woke me up around 7am to let me know that the rat cage was on the floor and there was a cat inside it! Sure enough I got down stairs to find the cage toppled over onto my livingroom floor, the girls were hideing in the tiny little pent house at the very top of the cage while Sarah (the kitten) was trying to squeaze her way through the ramps to get to them! It took me about 5 minutes to manuver Sarah around so I could get her out of the cage without hurting her...silly cat! The girls were shaken up mostly from the fall I'm sure, they both survived it without a scratch...maybe a bump or two. Of cours DH got his laughs this morning when I sat down in the spilled bedding to coddle the girls and tell them I was sorry for what the cat did lol. I guess from now on little miss Sarah will have to be locked in the bedroom at night.

#3 ·
I wouldn't I would supervise her while she was eyeing them and if she attempted anything I would say "NO! BAD CAT!" That way she would learn that playing with them is bad

#5 ·
She knows she's in trouble now! I don't think she intentionally knocked the cage over, she likes to sleep on top of it, but it's quite tall so I think maybe she went to jump up on it and brought it down by accident. She's never showed much intrest in the ratties so I was definatly suprised! When the cage hit the floor the bottom pan popped out and she saw a chance to get inside of it. Sofar I've been pretty lucky with all my "enemies"...the cat and the dogs get along, and the cat and the rats "were" getting along lol. I'm going to keep my water bottle close from now on, no more sleeping on top of the rat cage for Sarah!

#6 ·
at least all got out on scathed. we have a water bottle here for our cats as well they are great friends for teaching them right from wrong.

#7 ·
I was playing with my mice and Pandora crept up on me and started nibbling on their tails! Not really hurting them, more just salivating, but still.

#8 ·
Aww, poor lil darlings! Must have been a scare. :)

Kittens will be kittens though, I know one time our kitten knocked over my betta's home, and luckily my roomie was home and saved him!

Just as an aside, people who are letting their cats nibble/play with tails/etc.. cat saliva is extremely dangerous for small animals/birds. So please don't let them do that anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.