Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Found a toad

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Chinchi 
#1 ·
I found a toad outside my door today :D

It was about the size of my palm, so it was not all that big :)
They just make the cutest sound when they hop across the yard. We have this really big one. She's about 30 cm in height (when she trying to crawl up something).
So it's nice to know we have a "new" toad that lives outside our house :D

(It's a Bufo bufo if anybody wants to know :))

#5 ·
Cool! We have rescued what we have called frogs - maybe toad, I don't know - from our pool and I found a good sized one in the skimmer one day. He was still alive, thank goodness, so I ushered him out near the fence so the dogs and cat wouldn't find him. We are usually covered up w/them in August and it's so cool to hear them all singing at once.

We also have anoles (I called them lizards, but my daughter corrected me) all over the place. I just love them, especially the tiny baby ones. Sometimes hubby will catch a baby and bring it in the house for me to see, then we put it back outside. One of my dogs has only one eye and she has the best time chasing them. There is little chance that she will catch one.

If you get some pix of your toad please share!! Everybody always likes to see pictures!

Crittercall

#6 ·
If i get a pic of our old toad (she's been with us for about 10 years) I'll post it, and I'll do the same if I get hold of the new one again..

We've allso got a snake (Natrix natrix) She's about 1 meter long. and sometimes we get to see the kids... It's super cool :D

And I guess I've got to get some pics of the foxes who somtimes visit our garden, and the deers?

Uhuh - once a big goshawk caut a blackbird in our garden, and my dad got some pics of this - I thing I'll try to get them in here at some point...

Crittercall:
We'v only got 2 sorts of lizards in Denmark, and they do not live in the area I live in :(

#8 · (Edited)
Oh my yes, pix of the deer and the fox! I've raised a fawn and a baby fox in the past and would love to see yours - although I came to believe that a deer was nothing but a goat in a pretty coat! (She'd had a hard time.) But then, a lot of vets I've worked with say that my shihtzu is just a cat in a dog suit.......I guess that's just my taste!

I'd love to see the baby snakes! I'm not by nature a big snake lover, but we do have a black snake that lives under our palm tree at the front of the house and we catch it sometimes sunning itself on the sidewalk or driveway. Once we found it's entire shed skin on top of the hedge bushes around the tree. We've been here for 9 years and the snake has been here the whole time I think.

I came home one day to find an deceased aramadillo in the middle of the road surrounded by buzzards. I grabbed my camera and took pictures, advancing on the birds until they flew off onto the roof across the street. Not very pretty pictures! And once there was a sandhill crane in the street nearby - a tall, gray bird with a huge long beak - but by the time I got my camera and got back outside the neighbor was walking back to her house and said it had left. Having lived most of my life in GA and KY, I see different kinds of wildlife in FL.

Thanks!

Crittercall

#9 ·
OMG :eek:
You guys must live such cool places...

Denmark is kanda flat all over, and it's weat mostly all year round, so we do not have all that many exotic animals... the biggest meat eating animal we've got in the wild's a badger... :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.