Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

snake eating lunch *Warning...Graphic Pic

23K views 67 replies 30 participants last post by  Kristine 
#1 ·
im hungry

See less See more
#52 ·
pinkie1205 said:
Teresa he's a really pretty snake. I like to look at snakes because I think their colors are amazing.

I don't think the post offended anyone. And I also think that the title explained it all.

I did however scrolled through the pics really quick because I can't handle that kind of thing. I caught my ex dropping one of my pet mice into a snake tank, and it's just an image that I can't get out of my head.

Like I said, it's a really pretty snake.
omg!!!!!!!!!!! what a sicko......jerk is the politest comment i could make cencored

what kills me is pics of live mice being fed to snakes..i understand it in nature, but as human beings willing feeding live mice to snakes and enjoying the stragulation and suffering...thats a different story

im glad the mouse was frozen..awesome snake

#53 · (Edited)
But isn't it the responsability of a good pet owner to make the animals life as much like it would naturally be without them?? If this snake didn't have an owner, it would be killing and eating it's own food. Some people think that's cruel, but it's the way it goes. If they can't handle that fact, no matter how much we all love our little critters,then it's slightly hippocritical to claim you love animals but disagree with what some must do to live. Although it's safer and nicer, I wonder if giving them allready dead food, takes away from thei natural instincts??

#55 ·
I would just like to say you take very nice pictures :) and your snake looks VERY healthy and is absolutely beautiful. :heart:

#56 ·
Teresa its good he will eat dead mice and live ones...good he's not picky...

Rhonda,..This snake does have an owner and its up to its owner to decide to feed it either already dead mice or live ones. No ones being a hypocrit here.
Everyone on the site loves animals or they wouldnt be here. I think we all know that a snake given the chance will hunt its food which would be alive in that case. I dont see anyone disagreeing with the fact that this is what a snake would do to live in the wild. But this snake here has an owner and it is a gorgeous and i think she is doing a good job with it.

Teresa...did he finish digesting it yet? You said you would post more Jake the Snake pics soon when he is finished digesting. How long does it usually take??

#57 ·
Wow, it sounds like this thread turned into a bit of an argument. Anyhow what I wanted to say was those are stunning pictures. To everyone else, your not going to see a snake eating veggies, come on now people. As for the comments on how the snakes are fed. My uncle has snakes and feed them live rodents but I know many herpers who tend to feed frozen thawed mice or rats. Either way they are healthy and happy and are getting the nutrition they need. It doesn't hurt them in any way. Once again awesome pictures you have a gorgeous snake there. Keep up the good work.

#59 ·
i think its just like ppl putting up pictures of their furry pets, posibly should have a warning in the title. snaake is imressive though xxx

#60 ·
ps pretty amazing pics xx

#67 ·
in my previous post i jut thought that you guys might like to know that i wasn't trying to sound snotty. i was just sayinv that i could see the word graphic in the title, but maybe my computer is different so sorry if a sounded like a snob. i did not intend for it to sound that way so please forgive me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.