Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Fun In The Snow

3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  VanillaRat 
#1 ·
Lots of people with house bunnies (including myself) have been bringing snow inside for them to play in. I've been looking for new ways to entertain my degus lately so I figured why not let them play in the snow too? After all, they can't really go outside to play (I'm too paranoid, lol...the most fresh air they get is if they happen to be on my shoulder or in my hoodie when I get the mail).

They actually really liked playing in the snow...I hid small treats for them to find. Next time I'm gonna give them a lot more...with the blizzard we're having there is plenty :).

Here are some pictures I took:

Afterwards they of course got some snuggling time. At that point the camera batteries decided to die but I got a couple (blurry) shots:

Although the second picture isn't very good I like it :). Hikaru was taking a nap in my hoodie so I unzipped it and got a quick picture.

See less See more
#4 ·
how stinkin cute i would have never thought of that you are clever
i love it when you post pictures of the degus
My favorite part of a degu is his but
they look like chip n dale when their climin on somthing and thier little buts are showing

#11 ·
Those are great Pic's Steph!
I wish my goos would nap with me, but they are just to busy all the time LOL

It's funny how snow if so much fun to them.
I will have to wait till next yeat to see if mine enjoy a romp in some indoor snow, my bunnies sure enjoyed it.

#12 ·
andreaS15 said:
Those are great Pic's Steph!
I wish my goos would nap with me, but they are just to busy all the time LOL

It's funny how snow if so much fun to them.
I will have to wait till next yeat to see if mine enjoy a romp in some indoor snow, my bunnies sure enjoyed it.
Thanks! With my degus it just depends on their moods...some days they want to do their own thing while other days they are clingy. Actually, there are many days where they don't even feel like coming out of their cage. Ichigo is more likely to want to hang out with me but doesn't stay still as long. Hikaru often is independent but when she does want to be with me she'll nap in my hoodie for like the whole day :lol:. I have to drag her out, lol.

Yeah, they really liked the snow. I think it was because it was a new and exciting experience :). And we all know how curious degus are!

#13 ·
aww very cute! it snowed once here, but i was too worried to let Constantine in the snow...some snow though, only like an inch lol

#21 ·
Awww...what cute pictures! It looks like they had fun with the new "white stuff"!

I don't think I would let my rats play in snow,as they would probably get too cold or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.