Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
8K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Adam Le 
#1 ·
Anyone use this food? Because of the recall I haven't been able to give the cats wet food. But, because of Sprout's abnormal kidneys, she's supposed to be getting wet food mixed with water to increase water intake.

This food is actually available at a store in my vicinity, it's not affected by the recall (no wheat) and the ingredients seem okay to me.

Eagle Pack Pet Foods, Inc.

#2 · (Edited)
Well, the girls seem to like the Eagle Pack okay (I've tried 1 can so far).

At the pet store, the manager told me of the super premium foods they carry, that's actually the 3rd he recommends.

The first is Evanger's, and second is Felidae.

The Evanger's clearly states holistic/organic. The ash is a bit high though.

Evanger's Dog and Cat Food Company
Evanger's Dog and Cat Food Company

I don't recall seeing that for the Felidae. Evanger's seems to be a small business...I don't know whether that makes them a better or worse choice. I bought cans of that and of Felidae for the girls to try though.

Edited:
Canidae® Pet Foods: Chicken & Rice: Canned
Their website says holistic...it just isn't on the can, and the ash is much lower. The guy at the store seemed to like the Evanger's much better though...wonder why.

#4 ·
guineapig_grl said:
I have never heard of evanger's dog and cat food.I use natural balance cat food dry.My cats love it.I have heard of canidae but never tried it.
Thanks for the info. I see that natural balance has a wet food in 3 oz cans; the local pet stores don't seem to carry it, but I might consider ordering some online to see if the girls like it.

silly kitties :)

#6 ·
If you are still looking for an alternative, check out VeRUS. They are a small company out of the northeast US, have been in business for almost 30 years, and have NEVER had a food recall! They make both dog food (wet and dry) and cat foods. I have been feeding my dogs VeRUS for more than a year and they are healthy, happy, and so wonderfully energetic. They got my attention because they'd never had a recall, they got me hooked by sending me some GREAT FREE samples, and I'm a forever customer now because my dogs are so healthy after eating this food. TRY IT! You won't be sorry!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.