Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  kathydip 
#1 ·
My bunny is coming this coming weekend! I just have to pick out a name lol. He's a flemish giant and is 2 months old. I can't wait to pick him up! If anyone has any idea an what to name him please let me know.:confused:

YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!:woot2:

#3 ·
We need pics! I am so jealous. A Flemish Giant! I need one of those to put my dogs in place.

#5 ·
Woot! Did ya get 'em yet?! Sorry, I am terrible with names! I have them for a while and just let their names just kind of come to me. Like with my ratties I just kind of said a name while playing with them and was like WOAH...WHAT? Perfect! lol. Good luck! Can't wait for pictures!!!!

#6 ·
Bunny Name Poll

Here are the names I like:
Bandit
Trigger
Dusty
Clover
Kodiak
Eclipse
Kapatchie
BP
Bailey

This is a boy bunny so no girlish names!
Which one do you like?

#9 ·
Tomorrow I am getting a 2 month old flemish giant and I was wondering with the pelleted foods how much should I give him? Is there a limit or how often they should be fed a day? I know with many baby animals they require to be fed more often.

Now do you switch over their food like you would a cat or a dog? Two days of their original food and then add 25% of the new each day until its completely switched.

#10 ·
JacquesZoo said:
Tomorrow I am getting a 2 month old flemish giant and I was wondering with the pelleted foods how much should I give him? Is there a limit or how often they should be fed a day? I know with many baby animals they require to be fed more often.

Now do you switch over their food like you would a cat or a dog? Two days of their original food and then add 25% of the new each day until its completely switched.
With baby rabbits you want to offer unlimited pellets :).

Yeah, but I would switch it a little slower then that since rabbits are very sensitive to diet changes.

#11 ·
Shouldn't he feed him the Oxbow Bunny that is alfalfa based? I think it's the Oxbow 15/23 not the Bunny T basics. I fed my two that until after they were fixed. I am not sure if you need to keep a big bunny like that on the alfalfa base longer.
I was also told not to give any greens until they were older. I cannot remember how old they were when I started. Of course unlimited timothy hay as well.
I still give mine as many pellets as they want.

Make sure you post pictures!

Oh and putting the hay in the litter box really does help litter train them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.