Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

"upping" my snake collection

4K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Murphy 
#1 · (Edited)
Those of you who keep in contact with me from time to time know I'm upping my herp count...3 more corn snakes on the way,a ball python,a boa...& now heres the most recent: Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis
...Red-sided Garter Snake ...
& I'm getting 2 or 3.I'll have them next month.
They are gifts from a buddy of mine.

I'm also waiting to hear back regarding a pacman & treefrog.

& I'm on a list for box turtles.
First name on the list.
Providing the little buddies breed.
I'll keep you updated as time goes by ;).

#9 ·
Awesome and congrats! MUST POST PICTURES...or else! Kidding.

I dreamed the other night I had a corn and was getting another.The dream was so real,I swore I had a snake.Maybe thats a sign! LOL...I do want a snake really soon.I just haven't found any good sources to get one from.

I adore pacman frogs too...but since I do not seem to have luck with aquatic frogs,I am not even bothering getting one.

#12 ·
Exciting :D

Sorry if you've already said this, but are you getting N.A. species of box turtles?

#14 ·
Ah, nice turtles. Had a breeding pair in the past. The reason I asked is because I've been looking into the Asian box turtles :D

What type of boa are you getting?

Pacmans are a blast. Sorry, I'm very excited for you! I'd love to up my herp count like that!

#15 ·
Nice! I might look into them in the future& as for the boa...
nothing out of the ordinary...just Boa constrictor constrictor [Red-Tail Boa] :heart:
I evently want to move up to "big" snakes.
Think the tree pythons...man they are gorgeous.
Simply gorgeous!! =D

@ the moment I have a very small herp count, 2 Eublepharis Macularis [leopard geckos],2 Trachemys scripta elegans [red ear slider turtles]& 1 Pantherophis guttatus [corn snake..which is a snow].

That'll all change soon :dopey:

#16 ·
Aye, red-tails are great snakes, that should be quite a nice addition. I absolutely loved rosy and Kenyan sand boas. To be honest, I'm a bit reluctant to attempt tree pythons - I just don't believe I'm currently suited to take proper care of them, though they are certainly gorgeous animals. I would love to have some in the future when I know I can do so.

Your herp collection currently dwarfs mine, as I've recently cut back on that hobby and ventured into the invertebrate world. A bit less expensive to say the least :rolleyes: However, herps will always be the number one beasties in my heart.

By the way, I just finished looking at your corn in another of your posts - absolutely stunning animal. Looks like you take great care of all of your animals.

Anyway, sorry to hijack your topic. I'm very happy for you.

#18 ·
hermitman64, don't worry your not hijacking :D
I love inverts too,I only have 1 tarantula at the moment& 2 more that will be here next month.
I have praying mantids as well,but not as pets...I use them in my organic garden.=D
They eat the bugs that would eat my plants :lol:

#19 ·
Updating,I got one instead of 3 @ the moment,since I
also got a pacman& treefrog. So didn't have enough enclosures for an additional 2 snakes. ;)

I have to post pics of all my new additions& updated pics of my pets I had for awhile asap. ^^
I'm horrid with pictures XD But i'll get around to it ;).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.