Paw Talk - Pet Forums - View Single Post - 3 gallon tank?
Thread: 3 gallon tank?
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 11:12 PM
Sasami
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfwaynowhere View Post
well, i woke up this morning to find slimey dead
i'm buying a 10 gallon tank with a filter and heater tomorrow evening, and i'll get that started so when its cycled, i can add some fish. i want neon tetras, and i'm thinking of some other compatable fish as well. Thank you so much for your help, Sasami, it really got me thinking, and researching more about proper fish care.
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that .

Good luck with the neons...they're a lot of fun. In fact, neons are one of my favorite fish species and I have both regular and albino. Mine are about three years old.

Make sure you pick up a good test kit, too. You can get the water tested at a petstore for free but I find it sooo much easier to just have one at home. This way if fish suddenly seem ill you can quickly test the water and find out the problem. Testing the water is especially important when cycling the tank and adding the first few fish.

Oh, and avoid the test strips. Not only are they inaccurate but they are disposable meaning it's going to be a lot cheaper to get a chemical test in the long run. I got my test kit years ago and I still have plenty of the test chemicals (and I use it a lot! not just on my own tanks, either, hahaha).

Let me know if you need help with anything .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome