Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

New baby in the house

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  christine 
#1 ·
Hi! I'm brand new to this forum, but I just really wanted some advice.

I've had my girl, Elfine, for about a year and a half. Despite my desire to get her a friend, my old landlords would not allow it. My new apartment is bigger with less strict management. So I brought home a 4 month old little girl, who I've been calling Giselle.

It's been a week and Elfine still wants nothing to do with her. Giselle chases her around and tries to wrestle but in that case Elfine just stands there and hisses. I know it sometimes takes a while, but I was wondering what kinds of signs show that she will never get along with her new friend. I've tried getting them to play games together and been switching their bedding (between the two cages) but it doesn't seem to do any good. Is there anything else I can do to help Elfine want to play with Giselle?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Did you quarantine Giselle? I would suggest setting up a cage next to Elfine to allow the two to get to know each other without being forced to play together

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.