Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  VanillaRat 
#1 ·
I just want to appalogize to anyone i may have upset by mentioning feeding to my snakes and i realiz it was a big error on my part this is a forum for mouse and rat as pets not as food it should have never been brought up (thats what i get for being online when i should be sleepning)and it is starting to get people off the true point of this particular forum. So once again im sorry and if there is anything anyone wants to input or say about the whole thing lets put them here insted and i will explain or anwer any question or hear any helpfull suggestions thank you.:thumbsup:

#3 ·
dude, it's cool. it's your right to give your opinion. it's your right to breed mice to feed your snake. it's also your right to ask questions about mice, no matter what their fate. but i really do appreciate your apology. it's only the combative tone that can throw us off, but we support ALL creatures, no matter what they have to eat :)

#4 ·
I totally agree with Mulder. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion no matter what that may be. And I also love all animals and have even owned snakes. Also to both you and Jessica, I know I am a very opinionated person and I can definatelt come off a bit abrasive. The thing is I just can't help it when it comes to my views on animals. The truth is I know some of my views are a bit extreme but that is the way I feel and I will never back down when it comes to one of the most important things in my life. I just really hope there are no hard feeling between us and I want you to know that I don't have anything against either of you personally. You both seem like good people and I know you love your animals. I may not agree with everything you say or do, and our views may be different but that is what makes this forum so great. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion and to express it. I can't say that this means in the future we will never argue because honestly we probablly will! LOL but trust me you won't be the only ones I will ever have a disagreement with. I stand firm on what I believe and I always will but that don't mean we can't be friends! Anyway bottom line I think it was really sweet and mature of you fatrat to post this apology but all in all in a way it's unesacary because you should never have to apologize for the way you feel, and your personal view on things. So I'm sorry if I or anyone made you feel that way. So ya, we're good. LOL

#5 ·
thats why i posted it cuz im always fighting with people on this snake forum about how badley they treat their rodents its verry disturbing too hear a story about smeone bashing a rat on the sidewalk in a pillow case too feed it to his snake:mad2: and other horror storris that usually just bass off as normal conversation it really upsets mey that most snake owners treat the rodents like that just because it is food it gives pet owners like me a bad name and so a lot of people assume that i mistreat my little fuzzy buddies and that makes me a little mad but im trying to inform people

#8 ·
hehe ya, i love that channel, that is all i watch on t.v! Maybe if something comes up about an abused rat or any toher type of rodent you should call a local spca or animal rescue, they can press charges. And all of the persons animals can be taken and put into new/better homes.

#9 ·
yeah the only thing i ever seen beside a cat or dog storry is one about a turtle they did a beak replacement on but now that i think about it i did see a show obout some lady who had like 25 cats 3 dogs and some hamsters i think but all they did for the hammies was give them to a local pet store not much better huh??

#11 ·
I haven't been around in sometime...so I think I am missing some things! :rolleyes:

But I see nothing wrong with feeding snakes.I am hoping to get a snake soon and will breed my own feeders,because it is cheaper.But my feeders will get the best of care up until "their time".I know people with snakes and they said if I breed for food,they would come to me,because they know that mine would be fat and healthy!

I am not for live feeding tho...that can be dangerous to the snake and the rodents.

These are my opinions and as Sugar mentioned,everyone has different opinions and we may not always agree with other members here,but if EVERYONE agreed,then this place would be quite boring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.