Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

I get my little girl today!!!!

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  litlebunnies2 
#1 ·
This is Chippey, but I have decided to name her Phoebe, she will be coming to her forever home today. She is 2 years old and very, very sweet.

And the bonding begins!!!:tonguerol

See less See more
#6 ·
Thank you everyone, they are currently in their cages, side by side, but not so close as to be able to bite each other. I scooped up some poop from both buns and transferred it to each others litter boxes, hoping to get them used to the idea that there is another's smell in their "domain"!
They've done quite a bit of sniffing of each other, but I've not yet witnessed the ears going back. So, maybe that's a good sign.

I have a question...when should I start the bonding sessions?
And when it's all said and done successfully, I hope, will it be a problem for my little girl to move into Joey's already established cage?

Thanks again.....I'm off to read Luckybunny's posts on bonding!!!!:D

#7 ·
I think I would give it a couple of weeks with them living beside each other. Sorry...I can't remember if your buns are neutered and spayed. I would make sure this is done first. Molly was just too hyper and then hormonal so things didn't go well in the end (the first time we tried)

#9 ·
Luckybunny, both Joey and Phoebe are altered, and have been for some time now. I will take it very slow as I don't want this to fail. I'm just wondering if I should just put together a whole new cage that is neutral for later when they are bonded. I wouldn't want Joey to feel like he's being pushed out!

Thanks Mulder!:)

#10 ·
After my bunnies bonded I moved them both into Zeus's cage and had no problems. You shouldn't have to build a whole new cage, unless you want too :)

Are you going to alturnate who's in which cage? That's what I did for awhile - every other day I would switch who was in what cage so they had to get use to another bunny being in 'their' cage, without them actually being in there together.

#11 ·
After my bunnies bonded I moved them both into Zeus's cage and had no problems. You shouldn't have to build a whole new cage, unless you want too :)

Are you going to alturnate who's in which cage? That's what I did for awhile - every other day I would switch who was in what cage so they had to get use to another bunny being in 'their' cage, without them actually being in there together.
Thank you...that is a great idea. I'll start alternating them tomorrow!!!!:)

#12 ·
Joey...that was going to be my next question!! If I decided to house them together...I would build a new cage...only because each of theirs is too small for two bunnies. I have the NIC cubes so it would be easy to adjust. I am thinking that Lucky may be too possessive of his home and a new cage would give them equal rights. They each have different flooring needs so I am not sure if I can house them together anyway. Lucky needs traction but Molly would just eat anything that I put in there. :crylaugh:

#16 ·
I was told she is Silver Marten and Britannia Petite.

I have a feeling this isn't going to be so hard...I moved their cages a tab bit closer last night to see how they would react and I caught them grooming each other's noses!!!! My heart melted.
Of course, I won't take any chances and I will move slowly but I was thrilled to see it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.