Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Question

939 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Georgia163 
#1 ·
Hi everybody I have a 8 week old lab female puppy and she is doing really good about peeing and pooping outside...she has never pooped in the house. However as each day goes by she is peeing and peeing more often. For example she has started peeing in the house, and as soon as we catch her we tell her no and take her straight outside. She then proceeds to pee up to 5 or so times while out there and then when she comes back in she pees again and again. She is actually at the vet right now seeing if she has a bladder infection but he doesn't think that is it? Does anyone have any suggestions or ways we could get her to stop peeing in the house because this is my very first puppy and not quite sure what to do

I'm just hoping nothing serious is wrong!!! :(:confused:

#3 ·
awww what a sweetie! I'm glad you're having the vet look at her. Is she drinking a lot more? I've only had boy dogs and at 5 months or so (my dachshunds) they start marking. They go around doing little squirts.

Does she pee small amounts or does it seem like a lot? Young pups can only hold their bladders so long. Mine used to go at least once an hour when they were very small. Pups don't have any real bladder control until about 4 months.

It's hard to say what the actual problem is... If I'm reading this right, she's peeing outside then coming directly inside and peeing more? As far as training goes, you have to catch her in the act. I always just grabbed my pups while they were weeing and put them outside or on a wee mat. I've heard of people using wee mats and slowly moving them towards the door... Let us know what the vet finds out. I hope she's okay.

#5 ·
welp the vet said she has a bladder infection and they are putting her on antibiotics. yea the peeing was horrible....i figured something was wrong. Thanks for the replies!! I will be on here a lot cuz like i said this is my first one haha and i'm gonna need the help. But that is what we have been doing was catching her in the act and immediately taking her outside.

#6 ·
Well it's good they caught the infection. The antibiotics should clear that up pretty quick. Poor gal! I bet she's going to be doing fine once she gets fixed up. It sounds like she knows what to do already.

#8 ·
I'm glad you brought her to the vet and they figured out what was wrong. Hopefuly the meds start working quickly! She's very cute, by the way!

When I first got my puppy she would pee a lot too and I thought it was a bladder infection as well. But she also had this really gross goopy stuff that would come out of her vagina, it was really disgusting. Well, I took her to the vet and they said she had vaginitis and that the only cure was to get her spayed before she got pregnant. If she would have had puppies then it was most likey that she would have this for the rest of her life. We got her fixed and everything is better. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.