Paw Talk - Pet Forums - View Single Post - dominance issues?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
rodentopia
Part of the Pack

dominance issues?

as you guys may know, i recently acquired three beatiful baby rats. having never kept rats from babies before, i was wondering how long they might take to sort out who's in charge. i've had them a week and the dominance thing only seems to be getting more of a struggle. at first they'd just sniff and pin, but now it's turning into scuffles.
they don't sleep together anymore, they all have their own little sleeping places. is this normal?
it all seems to be coming from one rat. could this be that she's not particularly a "rat rat"? or does sorting out dominance just take longer than i expected? no blood's been drwn that i know of, but you don't really want it to happen to begin with, do you.

as i'm typing this, i can hear one of them squeeking like they do when one of them pins the other down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pets name: Cheryl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pets name: Kimberley

Babies:
rats: girls:belle, beauty and sweetness Boys: ronnie and oscar
Dogs: Cassie, Jazzmin and Buddy
Cat: Pebbles
Hamster: Skye
gerbils: Tremor and Sparkle
quails
chickens
9 ducks
3 guinea fowl

R.I.P. Cheryl & Kim
:, scabbyquail

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome