Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

OMG i am having so much bad luck

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  laydeerodentzz 
#1 ·
Im sorry i cannot type i am in tears im so stressed i just lifted novo out the non sick one and he has a huge slice from his belly to his testicals theres no blood just like a rip im so upset ive seperated them because i dont want anything happening i cannot get to the vets until tomorrow i really need a friend right now what can i do i feel like crawling away and dieing

#3 ·
He should be ok. My baby girl Morgan had a large cut on her back, it went through her fur and layers of skin. Like him, there was no blood. The vet said to just keep it clean, and it would heal on its own. His sounds longer, but he should be ok over night. Especially if he is not bleeding. Like Kendalle said, keep it as clean as you can. One night should be fine. Hang in there. I know the wait is the hardest part.

#5 ·
be strong, just keep it clean like the other guys said and he should be fine. at least until tomorrow when he can see a vet.

#6 ·
I am sorry! I have to say,I agree with all of the others.Make sure he is kept clean and comfotable until you get him to the vet.

Rats do tend to heal up quickly and if it is not too deep,I wouldn't worry too much.

Let us know how the vet visit goes.

#8 ·
I don't know if you use bedding, but I would put him in a cage by himself with just fleece blankets so nothing gets inside the wound.

I never really posted this but a few weeks ago my Butters ripped open his stomach. I think he had an abscess or an old wound that he ripped the scab off of. He fell off his ramp (no new thing, he's clumsy..lol) and all of a sudden there was blood everywhere. We just cleaned him up and dabbed a little witch hazel on it then rinsed it off. He was fine and healed up nicely. As long as he can get to it to lick it, he'll probably keep it clean himself. You can take him to the vet if you want but really it might not be necessary unless it gets worse, or looks infected.

#9 ·
OMG hun, I feel soo bad for you :(
Like everyone said, he should be okays, but keep it clean.
Bathe him in warm water and put some salt in the water because this will help, don't put to much salt in or that wont work and just make the wound hurt, just a pinch or two will do.
Good luck hun, my heart goes out to you xxxxx

#10 ·
this morning i went in and checked and the top have is completley closed WHICH is very freaky on how fast that closed should i leave him to heal on his own without the vet vist until friday?
OR should i take him tonight its just toto need to go tonight about more med's.

Also should i keep him seperated from toto?
Or should they be ok in a clean cage?

#11 ·
Well then it is really up to you.If he is closing up now and it doesn't look infected,then you probably don't need to take him.Rats heal very fast,as I mentioned above.

But because you tend to stress out easily (that is no fault of your own - *hugs*) if it would make you feel better,take him when you go in to get the meds and just see what the vet says.But now it doesn't sound serious.Unless it was very deep and oozing.

Yes,keep the cage clean.You don't want any dirt or debris to get into the wound and make it worse or infect it.

#12 ·
If it is healing so quickly than I'd just try to keep it clean wth the warm salt water and it should be no problems. Keep an eye out for any sign of infection, however I think in this case it'll be fine :)
Like Lisa said, you could just take him to check up and give you peice of mind ;)
Good luck hun! xx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.