Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

OH MY! *squeals* =^-^=

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Binky 
#1 ·
Okay. Well, lately I've been looking at bunny photos and just 'ooh'-ing and 'awww'-ing at them all.

My mom had told me a while back that this one girl from this community group we all belong to, has bunnies (dwarf and lop). Of course, I squealed and said 'Awww!'

So, today is my 16th birthday, and my mom had said she needed my help to get these old signs for a haunted house we work at each year, so we can re-paint them, into the car, since there's a lot.

I was suspicious the entire time. People can't really surprise me 100%. I know when they are up to something, not nessisarly what exactly, though.
So, I got in the car, we drove down the street, and pulled up at this house.

We walked in the backyard and there was hutches full of bunnies.

I almost started crying! xDD
They all were absolutely ADORABLE!
We were there for a while so I could pick out a bunny I want to be an addition to my fur-family.

My youngest sister came along, and fell in love with another bunny there, so we are going to adopt two of them. They are both lops (except the my bun-bun has one loppy ear and one that stands up a bit. I'm not sure if it was just like that now, or if it's permanent. Either way, it still adorable on the bun. ^-^) and have specked fur.

They are 5-6 weeks old. We don't know their genders, yet, though. They said they can't tell until about next week (the time we are going to take them home) Since her son and husband are the only ones that can tell (or something like that. I was snuggling with all the bunnies they had).

My bun looks like his/her mom. (I'll just call the bun a 'he' since it's easier. xD) He's got brown/black/tan/cream colored patches on his ears, and his back. His nose is just..awesome. xD

And the one my sister loves is mainly while, but with black/grey ears and spots on his face, with a stripe down the middle of his back (head to butt) of the same colors.

I am just....in awe. I've always wanted a fat bunny, but all the shelters where we live don't allow them. Just dogs and cats. So there were never any in them that I could get my mom to let us adopt them with their cuteness.

I'm just ecstatic! When we got home, I ran upstairs and snuggled with 'my' cat, and then ran to the degus and gave them all a little treat. I woke them all up though, but they didn't mind. xD An apple piece is much better to them than sleep. Goofy goos.

And I just HAD to tell all of you guys and gals! BUNNIES! ^_^

I can't wait until next Monday. Then I'll take tons of pictures and show you all they furry cuteness. I need to take some more pictures of my goos, too. It'll be furry animal madness! xDD Haha.

*breathe in*

*breathe out*

BUNCH OF SMILEYS. ^-^
:partyhat::heart:
:bundance::raiseroof::hyper2:
:hyper2::bounce::jump::woohoo::spot:
:greybunny::rabbit2::bun1::cake::party4:

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Yeah, we will. ^-^ I sort of hope they are a boy and a girl, because out of all I've read over the years, boy/boy can/will be difficult to get to bond, as can girl/girl. And a neutered/spayed boy/girl are the the 'easiest' to get to bond together with.

(Wow, that's a lot of slashes. xD)

I've had a couple of friends who had rabbits, some which had two neutered males, and they got along perfectly fine together. Best of friends. So I do know, somewhat personally, it's possible for two boys to not want to kill each other. Other friends only had one rabbit, or had kept them all in separate cages. So I don't know all about that.

We'll just have to wait and see until we find out, pretty much.

The lady we're adopting them from has a couple of indoor bunnies (that when she adopted them from people who needing to re-home them, they were already indoor buns), and then she has buns who chill out in hutches in their backyard.

She has one adopted female who just gave birth a few days ago (oh my gosh are they adorable!) as well as the mommy who gave birth a little over a month ago, that we are adopting the two babies from.

She just started adopting and giving homeless buns a permanent home/temp home, and she has quite a few!

I really can't wait to know if they are boy/boy, girl/girl, or boy/girl. I'm so excited! I would have checked myself, but 1. I don't know how to perfectly tell apart rabbits yet and 2. I figured it would have looked weird with me holding a bunny in front of a bunch of strangers, checking to see what sex the bun-bun is. xDD

What I didn't realize until earlier, was that my mom has been planning on adopting (originally one bunny, but now to be two. ^-^) a bun for me for weeks now! I was surprised it has been that long, because she didn't even speak of anything rabbit related! So that surprised me. x3

We're getting things all ready for them, as well as getting stuff for the degus and the cats and the dog so they won't feel left out with all the excitement of moving the buns in and getting them settled. ^_^

Oh, and they are dwarf lops. I had just said 'lop' earlier, but now I'm more specific. ^-^

EDIT: And I just realized I have two spelling mistakes (that's bugging me!) in my first post. xD Excitement!
Nessisarly = necessarily
While = white

#16 ·
I really can't wait to know if they are boy/boy, girl/girl, or boy/girl. I'm so excited! I would have checked myself, but 1. I don't know how to perfectly tell apart rabbits yet and 2. I figured it would have looked weird with me holding a bunny in front of a bunch of strangers, checking to see what sex the bun-bun is. xDD

:wave:congrats on your new additon! i remember getting Acacia-the woman who was selling them wasnt home but her 2 kids were and totally werent expecting my cousin and i to ask so many questions and man-handle them all checking gender and comparing"private parts" to pick out a girl!! ahhh,good times,good times.

again,congrats,and that baby is SSOOO cute i just wanna flop his ears all around!:D

#7 ·
Thank you all. ^-^
Yeah. This week going to feel like forever. x_x
And they will be indoor bunnies.

Oh! And I just remembered that my mom had took a picture of my sister holding one of the buns.

*goes to upload it*

That's one of them. ^-^
The black/grey(gray) one, of course. ^w^

#10 ·
Oh that bun is stinking adorable!! And so very tiny. None of my buns were that small when I got them. And lops on top of it all!! I am so jealous.
You are going to have so much fun with them. I cannot wait to see all the pictures.

#18 ·
Well, we got them earlier, of course. ^-^ I am 93% sure my bun is a boy, and my sister's is a girl. They are adorable. >w<
I was holding my bun, and he fell asleep on my shoulder. x3 It was so cute. He was all snuggly and warm and soft.
I won't be able to put up pictures right now, and tomorrow we are having my sister's belated 8th grade graduation party (even though school started already xD) so I might be able to put the pictures up tomorrow night, or for sure on Monday. ^__^

#20 ·
xD

Ok. I got some pictures to share. I need to upload them, crop them, and then post them on PT so everyone can see. xP

Sorry for being late with them. I was having time and camera problems. |3

I only managed to get one picture of the degus, though. They didn't want to stay still once I put the camera near their cage. >_o Little monsters. x3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.