Paw Talk - Pet Forums - View Single Post - Blind Dog
Thread: Blind Dog
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 10:00 AM
Dragonrain
Super Moderator

I missed this post before.

I'm sorry about your dog. I definatly know what it's like - Naomi, my families cocker spaniel, is deaf and blind. She has been deaf for awhile, but just recently went completly blind.

Naomi went blind because of glaucoma so she won't ever get her sight back. She's been blind for awhile now and even though we never move the things in the house around, she'll still walk into walls and furnature on a daily bases. It's sad, but I guess she is slowly getting more use to it.

To give her exercise, I went out and got her a head collar to walk her with. That way I can kind of use it to steer her away from things so she doesn't walk into them. She only gets walked early in the morning or later at night when no one else is out, because she can't see or hear other dogs or people and isn't good when they suprise her. Also, she's always walked the exact same route so she has somewhat of an idea where she is.

Although Naomi seems to be taking awhile to complety adjust to being blind, she's still seems like she's happy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome