Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Skinny Baby Rat (First Pet Rat!)

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  VanillaRat 
#1 ·
So I rescued this baby rat from a pet store yesterday, they were gonna feed her to a snake!:mad2: I don't think she is weaned because she looks only a couple weeks old. When I bought her she was in the cage with 30 grown mice and she had a hard time competing with them for food so she is so under weight, I'm scared she may die or grow up prematurely if I don't fix the problem quickly.:( How do I get her the right nutrients she needs without having her mother around?:confused:

#7 ·
Rat not mouse

No I guarantee she is a rat. Hears a picture. I could just tell by the feet and the head that she was a rat and her personality is defiantly that one of a rat. The reason why she had a hard time eating with the other mice was because she's only 2 and a half weeks, mice are viscous when it comes to food, I know I have 6 of them. Hand Rodent Finger Rat Fawn

#9 ·
OH MY GOD. That is such a cute rat. Well, try feeding her foods with fat in them like nutmeats, PB etc. It would also probably help to take her to a vet. Maybe she has worms or something? Keep her in a low stress enviroment with plenty of spots to hide, offer her delicious, fattening food (LOL) and I hope she does well! My rat was underweight and I did just that, she came right out of it.. I miss her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.