Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

digging problem!

963 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Dragonrain 
#1 ·
I let Frodo out on the grass hopeing to spend some time with him and give him some treats, but all he is concerned about is digging! It almost looks like he eats the dirt! Same thing with the carpet inside :X

Any suggestions on how to help stop this problem?

#2 ·
I don't know if I'd consider digging the dirt a problem? A lot of rabbits like to dig. I know people who give them dig boxes inside the house to keep them busy. I guess maybe if he's eating it and it has any pesticides or something on it then it could be a problem though.

As for the carpet inside, can you just keep him away from it? Bunny proofing is usually much easier than trying to train them. Maybe you could cover the area he likes to dig and chew with cardboard or a grass mat? If it's really not a possability to keep him away from the area, you can try telling him no everytime he does it, and then when he stops give him a toy to play with instead, or a treat if you find something he likes. But bunnies can be sneaky, and that probably won't garentee that he won't go chew the carpet when your not around to see him do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.