Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

New here (got my PD today!)

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  starstella92 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi! My name is Angela. I just picked up my first PD this morning! I have wanted one for years (Since before the ban) and FINALLY have my little girl. She is a tiny little thing! I just got her home and settled in and am now giving her a little time to get adjusted, as I am sure she has had a LONG past week or so! I am going slow with her, she will let me hold her but doesn't really seem to want me to so I will go slow and I am sure she will come around soon enough, and then I won't be able to beat her off, lol. Question, I read to have them fixed around 6 months old, is that correct? I have a vet already lined up to do it, just want to get the proper age. Thanks!

#8 ·
waiting for the pics. and welcome!
u83433333333
sorry, my rats felt the need to say welcome too.

the prairie dog forum isn't too active, but other parts are! (just to say)

hope you have fun here!

#9 ·
I am betting it will become more active here, with the ban being lifted and all. We have had a rough go with my little whicket, she was apparently caught too young, Gena on here has saved me (and her, in every sense) and I am so thankful to have found her. We will be getting another little girl for a friend for her (And me) sometime next month.

#11 ·
Congratulations!!! I'm new here as well. I just got my little baby boy this past weekend. And I here ya on the posting pics on the posts, I couldn't either. But you are allowed to create a photo album on your profile, that's what I had to do. I hope you're enjoying your little one, I know I love my little guy so much already. And to answer your question, I heard that it was best to fix your pets before they reach 6 months; I haven't yet visited his vet as of now, but I have one lined up. I'll let you know what he says whenever we take Charlie in for his checkup. Take care!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.