Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

baby zombie jesus ducks!

Photos! 
Tags
baby ducks
3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  rodentopia 
#1 ·
we've been inundated with ducklings recently. we found 31 eggs in a pile in the hedge where their run is and decided to put them in the incubator because we didnt know how long they'd been there so we couldnt sell them. it turns out that most of them hadn't been there for long! we've now got about 26 ducklings on our hands plus and aylesbury duckling and a baby turkey (whatever a baby turkey is called!).

i'll put some photos up this evening, i'm doing coursework at the moment so i should be getting back to that. just wanted to prepare you guys so noone dies of a cute overload.

(oh, and btw, the whole zombie jesus thing is because they started hatching on easter sunday)

#4 ·
i'll put them up tomorrow, i can't find the lead for my camera tonight.

there's a baby turkey in some of the photos as well. he's called armchair.

#7 ·
i think my bro thought that armchair was a suitable name for a turkey. just loading the photos on photobucket so they'll be up tonight

#8 ·
and finally, after taking nearly 24 hours (!) to load onto photobucket, shield eyes from the cute!

if anyone wants to see them being born

and here's one of banjo and armchair. armchair's so funky and banjo's soooo cute! thank god banjo's not being sold and is mine! mwoohahaha!

we ended up with 27 in the end. we in no way have enough room to keep all of them (we were going to be ecstatic if one hatched!) so now we're spreading the joy around the island.

#10 ·
i found it interesting the way turkeys are born with full feathers and then probably lose them

#14 ·
he's cute eh. he's started going bald around his neck and the ducks are waaayy bigger than him now. soon he'll be in a forest of duck legs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.