Paw Talk - Pet Forums - View Single Post - Drop Boxes?
Thread: Drop Boxes?
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 02:50 AM
Mygala
Curmudgeon

/rant on.

Why in the WORLD would you have a problem with drop boxes?!?!

Drop boxes work.

They give animals a chance that might otherwise be discarded along a highway or put in a bag and thrown in a river. It's not about "catching" the ex-owner, ...it's about giving the animal a chance.

...and in case you haven't been watching, there is a worldwide recession on. Animal shelters have been dealt double "body blows" by the increased number of people having to give up their pets, and the fact that donations of food and money are way down (I mean SERIOUSLY down!). Something has to give. They either raise prices or go out of business. What TRUE animal lover wants that? Besides, ...it shouldn't be a financial decision to buy an pet. It should be the RIGHT decision. Shelters aren't the Wal-mart of animal purchases. A shelter purchase usually includes shots and a spay/neuter. That's a surgical procedure that costs money to perform and provide. Most pet stores don't.

If you think their prices are so out of line, I DARE YOU to do something about it. Get out there on weekends and VOLUNTEER, or donate money yourself. You might find that the truth that is hard to ignore. You might also find it a little more satisfying (and a LOT more effective) than coming onto the internet and whining about it.

/rant off.

Bob
(an ex volunteer myself)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.

Last edited by Mygala; 05-19-2009 at 02:53 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome