Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Good gerbil tanks/cages/bins? (where to get them?) sites please?

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Jess 
#1 ·
Hey.
Okay; I have a gerbil cage.
&& I don't like it that well.
It's big and stuff, I just don't like it.
Well, I want to get them a aquarium, or a bin cage.
What is better? & If so, can someone give me links to
WHERE I CAN GET the bins/aquariums? I prefer an aquarium, but I just can't find one. NOT hamsters, gerbils.
Thanks! :) :)
I don't like it that well because it's not big enough to me and my gerbils get bored.

#2 ·
bin cages are better as you can get cheaper larger ones. However we had a gerbil that managed to chew right out.

Also you can't see in as well

I suggest a 10 gal with tank topper as its large and won't hold the amonia as much as it has the topper on top.

Look around craigslist.com to find a cheap big tank (cracks or leaks = cheap but still perfect for non fish pets) you can some times find a really really cheap 55 gal

#4 ·
Craigslist List, garage sales, and thrift stores always have aquariums. When I had a gerbil, I just gave her a 15 gal with 6-7 inches of bedding, hay, card board ect, and she had an absolute blast digging and tunneling in it. She destroyed any wheel or toy I gave her, but she LOVED to dig.
For I pair, I personally wouldnt get anything smaller than a 20 gal, and If your gerbils chew like mine did, they could probably eat through a storage bin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.