Paw Talk - Pet Forums - View Single Post - Some ?? for Piggy People
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Crittercall
Princess in Waiting

Cool Some ?? for Piggy People

My daughter, who has a heart as hard as the rest of us for animals, has just bought her 4-year-old a guinea pig. Now, I know as well as anyone else that a 4 year old doesn't need a pet, just as I know that this is Erin's pet and not Zoe's. I had GP's many years ago when I was in high school, but haven't had a lot of experience with them since.

Can anyone suggest a really good book for her to get to have on hand as a reference - or for me to have so when she calls I'll know what to tell her! It's a pretty young one - not sure how old - and right now whenever Zoe is in bed Erin has "Ladybug" on her lap. Will this help her be a better pet? I mostly remember mine as being rather stand-offish and not very fulfilling in the "looking for something to love on" department.

She said when she brought it home it smelled of urine, but I warned her about being careful about giving her a bath. She bought some kind of wipes for GP's and ferrets and said the smell is going away somewhat.

Basically anything you can tell me will be of great help! Feel free to email me with your answers, because I don't want to clog the board with beginner stuff!

Thanks for the help -

Critter

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome