Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Skunks!

23K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  Lazhia 
G
#1 ·
Well, I saw in this forum that there are some skunk owners around here!

I saw a story on TV about domestic skunks, and never knew they existed until tonight!

They are adorable!

So what can anybody tell me about them as pets?

#28 ·
This thread has really derived from the original subject!

I am a wildlife rehabilitator in new york state, where it is illegal to have a pet skunk, and you need a class II license to take care of them. I have a class I but was helping a class II, and I think they are some of the cutest babies! :D

#30 ·
Those are adorable!!! Do you ever get any spotted skunks, those are the sweetest :) So you release them back or sell them for pets?

Too cute!

#31 ·
We release them back in the wild! Wildlife rehabilitators are volunteers with a license who basically help the spca and people who find wild baby animals or injured adults.
These were found by someone who was kind enough to bring them to a shelter to try and save them.
I don't think we ever had spotted ones, just very differently striped ones, some almost all white at the top, and some almost all black!

What I LOVE is their teeth. You know how young children their front teeth have like three little bumps on the bottom instead of being flat and straight? they have those teeth as every single teeth! so when you look in their mouth they look like they're smiling really big! it's so cute :D

#32 ·
That's great! I love happy ending :heart:

Oh thats cool about their stripes, I have only seen regular black ones with a stripe of white. And I know exactly what you mean about that teeth. I didn't know that, but its so funny!!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.