Paw Talk - Pet Forums - View Single Post - Cage help...? :)
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Jess
is a little "special"

I would go with a cube cage, but you have to be careful- They "updated" the shelving cubes cubes so that they have bigger grids and a curios piggy could potential strangle itself in them.
As for a hutch... That might be a little difficult IMO. You should keep them indoors (Guinea pigs dont do too well outside...) so it would have to be an indoor hutch, and it would have to have a solid bottom that is deep enough to put their bedding in. Most rabbit hutches that they sell at pet stores are even a little on the small side for guinea pigs, so you would have to build your own.
BTW, thanks RodentzRule I can still post a pic if you want LOL.

This is my cage:

Its a tad small since it only has 5 1/2 square feet of space, and 6-7 is preferable, but I cant build my own cage and this was the biggest I could find.

If you do end up just buying a cage, this site has some really nice ones if you look in the rabbit section Its the makers of my cage, but I dont think they sell mine anymore.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome