Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Self grooming- messi got a hair cut!

Photos! 
2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mtmaughan 
#1 ·
well for christmas my boyfriend got me a dog grooming kit with the clipper, combs going up to 1 inch plus scissors and a comb.

So i decided to try it out. I want messi in a schnauzer like hair cut, however, i don't want to buzz cut his face and i am not comfortable cutting it that close yet. So i went with a 1/4 inch. Then on his back i went with a 3/4 inch and the legs are at 2 inches.

Here is the before pic. After his bath and blow dry but before a good brushing.

And after:

It is kind of hard to tell because he is soooo shiny

WINK

All in all it went pretty good. At first he was scared so i was keeping his mind off of it with small treats by the end he fell asleep when i was shaving his back.

See less See more
#3 ·
the only problem is his beard doesn't stop i could only get it to blend with my trimmer because i had it on 1/4 inch and it is about 1 1/2 inches wide and messi's snout isn't really 1 1/2 inches long! Plus he wasn't really sure about having a trimmer on his face.. Not that i would be I tried using my boyfriends beard trimmer on 1/4 inch long but... its louder, and vibrates more and mess wasn't having it and thats just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.