Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Got a crayfish...

3K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  canadiancritter 
#1 ·
While looking in the feeder goldfish tanks at the pet store looking for the perfect size goldfish I noticed a little crayfish in the back corner of the tank. After asking the worker how much he was, she asked the manager person and I brought home a free crayfish... didn't find a goldfish I liked though. Anyways....

He is just a tiny guy about 2" give or take and grau. A cute little guy whom i have named Harold. I set Harold up in a small tank with gravel, fish water (from the big tank) and one of those bubble wand things I had laying about. He also has a skull and a pot to hide in and of course a fake plant. I am going to try and get him a 5 gallon or something soon.

Will get pictures later right now he is busy dragging rocks into his flower pot.

#3 ·
Congrats!! When I was little I used to catch those all the time, they're pretty neat!

#6 ·
omg! i can't wait till you post a picture!! :) :)
At the petshop i worked at, we had a blue crawfish looking thing and we couldn't put it with any other fish! it was about 4inches long and would even try to eat pieces of the oscars we had!! beautiful though :)
And i loved the tiny ghost shrimps! so cute!

#7 ·
I look forward to pictures.

I love shrimp and have had several dwarf shrimp species,but never had a crayfish.I would love one someday though.

#19 ·
a few weeks ago i was throwing my cast net into my half acre pond and i was only catching blue gilled sunfish and shad. so i decided to throw it under some branches that were hanging over the water and caught about twenty crayfish, four baby red eared sliders, and a couple large bullfrog tadpoles in one throw. i was amazed and so excited. i went back about a week later and did it again and didnt catch anything but baitfish and sunfish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.