Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Hamster Problem

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Purple-Hops 
#1 ·
i bought a hamster a week ago then they now have 3 babies but the mother keeps Hitting the guy one the guy wont fight back and hes scare to move they started all nice and freindly the guy one is taking litte breathes and is hiding in the corner while the mother is attacking him what do i do?

#3 ·
I do not understand... Is the father hamster present in the cage because if he is you HAVE to remove him!! If the mom hamster is attacking or refusing milk to one of her babies then it's either because she is inexperienced or most likely there is something wrong with it and she does not want to waste her precious milk on it when it could be nurturing healthy babies. It's how prey animals work... Also, I would advise you from ever buying live animals in a pet store again. You obviously ended up with mistake litter bc the pet store ppl are idiots.
After re-reading your post, I think there is another adult hamster present and I will just go out on a limb and assume you have a syrian hamster which is a solitary species to begin with and should only ever be housed for mating then separated right away. If you have dwarfs, you still need to separate a whelping mother.

#6 ·
You need to move the poor guy out of there now! Two hamsters will fight to the death and most likely the female is repregnant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.