Paw Talk - Pet Forums - View Single Post - coatimundi?
Thread: coatimundi?
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 07:02 PM
TamanduaGirl
Adolescent Pup

That's why I said don't make good pets for most people. You think most any person would think having a coati is a good pet after having it awhile?

Do you deny that such issue like reflexive bites due to things like jingling key noises are common? It doesn't sound like a training issue to me but a genetic reflex to certain sounds. Most people are not into working around issues like that but will expect the animal to change instead.

To put it in other words. I would not recommend a coatimundi as a starter exotic. Maybe not an advanced exotic but not an okay for anyone sort of exotic.

Yeah anything can be a good pet for the right owner that knows what to expect. Some people have crocodiles and love them so are good pets but they certainly are not good pets for most people.

PS I know lots of people who own them and love them but I know from their experiences I'd not want one and they don't try to hide their issues. Every exotic has issues for anyone only used to domestics.

Mary
Quasi - - - - Hyzzie - - - - - Pua - - - Jupiter - - - Kat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

&
Angel Stewie

Last edited by TamanduaGirl; 11-27-2010 at 07:06 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome