Paw Talk - Pet Forums - View Single Post - My cat refuses to walk, help!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
foldingcranes87

My cat refuses to walk, help!

Any ideas on what could be wrong with my cat?

The other day, I came home from work to find my cat laying on the floor in an odd spot. Normally, he runs to the door when I get home, but this time, he refused to get up. I checked him out and tried to set him on his feet. When I did this, he hunched his back, and then kind of flopped over. He didn't appear to be in pain, and he was purring when I was petting him.

My first thought was that he fell off of a table that he likes to go on to eat plants. I took him to two vets, and after several tests, they can't figure out what's wrong with him. It's been four days now since this happened.

For the last few days, he won't eat, drink, or get up to use the litter box (he just goes on himself). I'm trying to force feed him as well as giving him water through a syringe. He just lays there with his front paws crossed. The only time he tried really moving was when I put him in the bathtub to wash him off.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with my cat? I did pick him up as a stray, and the vet couldn't put an age on him, due to his teeth being so bad...but he is an older cat. It's killing me to see him like this.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome