Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

goldfish problem need advice please

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  wishbone 
#1 ·
hi can any one give me some advice please my daughters goldfish which is about 6 years old has had a swollen white fin for the past few months but in the last two days in seems to be really swollen, it does not seem to be affecting him swimming in tank and playing about with its partner. can any one help me as my daughter is very upset worried its going to die thanks liz xx

#2 ·
Is the fin normally white (as in natural colouration), or did a colour-change occur with the swelling?

I suspect a bacterial infection, but without more info, it is impossible to be even mostly sure. Can you manage some photos?

#3 ·
please forgive me for being so ignorant this is the lst time l have actually tried to post anything on my computer the fish is a normal goldfish one won at a childs fair, he is about seven inches long and the fin is thick and white the other fin is clear, transparent in colour as this was before the problem occurd, l have never taken pictures before and loaded them on to anything before but l will definatly try to do it as lm worried that l am being unfair to this .

#4 ·
Sounds like a bacterial infection but a photo would clear things up. Is there any fuzziness or sliminess? Or is the fin just white?

What size aquarium is the goldfish housed in and how often are water changes done? Have you gotten the water tested? Pet stores will normally do it for free :).

#5 ·
thank you for answering me there is no fuzziness or sliminess, the fin is white yes and also it seems very swollenno l have never had water tested but will see about having it done ta,and holpefully lm going try to have picture of him taken and loaded on here soon thank you liz xx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.