Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

spayed dog in heat?

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BreezyPitBull 
#1 ·
I thought it was just me...but Luna has been a real...b-word lol. First, the boys have been mounting. Loki and Spyro sort of passively mount her but I don't think their drive is high enough. I have stopped taking Luna out because dogs keep following us. Today I noticed she was hoarding toys.

There is no discharge or anything. I have been reading and see that it is possible (rare) that a spayed dog will go into heat. What do you guys think? Just a bad coincidence?

#2 ·
Happens to other female dogs for the motherhood hormones are still there even when they are spayed already. Just don't make her and other dogs do any bad habit like of that mounting.

#4 ·
She was spayed when she was around 5 months (Early July this year I believe.) Just as an update, she took her favorite "puppy" to bed last night and I found its head ripped open this morning. Now the crappy part is cleaning up the shredded mess LOL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.