Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Custom 2ft tank

Tags
diy
3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Sharni 
#1 ·
Not a brilliant pic. Tank is still quite cloudy (had a blonde moment lol. Washed a bucket of gravel, had it sitting beside a dirty bucket of gravel, you can guess which one i used!) but anyway it gives you an idea of how it looks. I'll update with another pic once its clear :)

Overall though i am really pleased with how this came out

See less See more
#2 ·
Hmmmmm woke up this morning to very milky water and the background has a while hue over it. I've removed the water and replaced with new, will see how it goes.

If it continues i will have to empty it let it fully dry out and see if i can find some epoxy or something else to seal it will.

If not i will have to try to remove it and start again *sigh*

#6 ·
So i have decided to leave it be at this stage.

Since the milky water episode the water has cleared considerably. The background colour has changed though. Funny enough i dont really mind the look *L*

So i have tested again today, both the tank and a container of water (same as used in the tank) i stored on top, to make sure the background was inert and not messing with tank stats. I am very pleased to say all stats from both samples are exactly the same.

There is now a feeder fish in there, who is doing great, active and looks wonderful.

Will update as it progresses, what ever that may be

As i is just now (please ignore temp internal filters)

Thanx Wishbone :) I'm waiting for the canister to be running before any goldies will be added

#8 ·

I cannot run a HOB on this tank, it is not designed to allow for it. Nor does it need it. I'm not worried about any contamination. I just wanted to be sure no lime leached out of the render. This would raise the PH. But testing has indicated this is not happening. So very pleased with that.

#9 ·
Tank is now fully stocked and home to 2 red and white ryukin and 1 calico fantail.

I must say they look awesome in here!!

Canister part not here yet, so will do a few water changes through the week to help the 2 internals. I couldnt turn the ryukin down, they were marked down to 1/3rd normal price. And the are just stunning!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.