Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Pregnant cat?

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  wishbone 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello! I seem to have a pregnant cat, and since February (The normal time for females to go into heat) she has been having symptoms of pregnancy.
She already had a litter of kittens, and I was wondering if the symptoms would be any differant if your cat already had a litter. Would their nipples be rosy pink like in their last pregnancy, or will the pinkness go down after nursing and such?
Also, since we are almost positive she is pregnant, we are fully prepared. We set up a nesting box (Which she loves!) and tried our very best to make this area peaceful to her.
Any tips on raising pregnant cats, cat pregnancy symptoms, and raising kittens is greatly appreciated! I have already reserched a lot since her last prgnancy, but I'm always looking for anything more!
Thanks.
~ Catastrophe​

#2 ·
Hi there. Did you know that every heat cycle raises the risk of the cat having breast cancer later in life? And the longer she goes without being spayed the higher her risk of uterine cancer and pyometra? That every time she goes out and connects with a tom, she is at risk for contracting diseases such as Feline Leukemia and FIV (feline aids) (both fatal diseases), which she will then pass on to her kittens?

There is no "normal" time for cats to go into heat. Cats go into heat all year long. They go into heat regularly every three or four weeks, until they are spayed or they get pregnant.

My advice is to take her to the vet and find out how far along she is. If not too far, have her spayed now, thus aborting the kittens. Why keep risking her life and health this way? Why keep addding to the unwanted animal population?

If you are determined to force her to go through this again, please have her spayed as soon as the kittens are weaned, and spay and neuter the kittens too, before finding them homes.

I hope she has a healthy litter, but please, don't force her to do this again.

#3 ·
Well, I did not force her to do this, at all. And no, I am not adding to the cat population because I have 8 homes ready for the kittens already. They will have great homes, because I did home-checks and everyone is someone I know well. This made me feel really bad, but thanks for letting me know this. Now I know. I will get her spayed ASAP.

#4 ·
she needs some extra protiens so extra food water treats , dont be offended if she doesnt take to the nesting box some cats do some dont. she will know what to do other wise, the symptoms should be the same as the last, but be prepared incase an emergency c-section is needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.