Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

please help

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  degus2012 
#1 ·
ok as you may know i have a degu called lenny who unfortunatly has to live alone after his brother deceased, he is about 18 monthes old and i want him to breed but will it be ok to add a new female to the cage.

#3 ·
No it will Not be ok to ad a female to the cage! just like any other rodent/anima if they are not in there own cages, they will contineauly breed over and over again and back to back littres are never safe for any animal dog cat degus rats mice ect, if you really want to add a friend add a male by slowly introducing them to eachother. not just putting them in the same cage at once. even if its a female (which i dont think you should do) u would have to introduce them slowly. The world is already over populated by back yard breeders (not saying you are one) but we definetly dont need to add to the population, when there is already enough animals needing homes. also in order to properly be able to be a good breeder youd have to no all the genetics ect of both female and male, there history there parents history of illness ect. i do not recommend a female. but a male might be ok if properly introduced

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.