Paw Talk - Pet Forums - View Single Post - Female mice bullying each other?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Daisyvayle
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawPrintPug View Post
I would suggest trying the split cage method and try to get them to get along again.

If you are unfamiliar with the split cage method, here is how it goes:
The split cage method is when two small animals are not getting along or you are trying to introduce them. Though you do not have two cages, this is a temporary setting until they get along. You split the cage with mesh wire, a lid, etc. where they can still see and smell each other. Every day, switch the mice, so if one is on the left, switch her to the right and if the other one is on the right, switch her to the left, so there will be the smells of the other mouse. After about 1-2 weeks, or whenever you feel they are ready, take out the divider

For more info on the split cage method; (I can't add a link but, Google split cage method)There are many great websites out there that can help for sure! I hope this helps

-PawPrintPug
I'll try that next time I hear them bullying each other, Thanks!
But I don't have an extra water bottle I can use, They share one, Could I use a bowl? or is that a bad idea? I don't have any access to a pet store right now as the nearest one is an hour away and I can't drive :I

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome