Paw Talk - Pet Forums - View Single Post - Photos! Orphaned Baby
Thread: Photos! Orphaned Baby
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
athomson118
Newborn Pup

Orphaned Baby

Hi, new to forum-
I found a very tiny baby mouse (maybe a week) in my kitchen after the dishwasher flooded (yikes). She has made it to day three, but I have some concerns.

1. I have some trouble feeding her. The thing that she tolerates best is a tiny paintbrush dipped in warmed pedialite. She seems to be skinnier now than when I first found her, her skin seems looser, and she didn't seem at all interested in eating until last night. I also tried watered down puppy formula, no interest in that. How do I get her to eat more??

2. I rub her belly after feeding with a wet q-tip but she doesn't poop. I have found two tiny rust colored droppings in her bed later on. Do I need to rub her belly UNTIL she poops? Why isn't she going? Should I be concerned?

She is making some improvements. Her fur seems fuller, this morning she had new white belly fur! She also is moving around a lot more, still pretty wobbly but more active.

Here are some photos: the first is day 1, then day 2, and last this morning.

Any advice you can give would be much appreciated. Also, any guesses to what species she isn't?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (69.8 KB, 4 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome