10 year old cat is still being bred - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Angry 10 year old cat is still being bred

So i have been talking to this lady about fostering her 10 year old cat who had kittens about a month ago well just 3 weeks ago she just had another kitten the only one in the litter and a premie. This is the third time this lady has said that she will send me the cat but has always had some excuse and now my fiancee emailed her asking all these questions and she got very defensive and told him that she had mentioned to me over the phone about moving which i never knew about i think it was just another excuse and that she just wants to keep breeding this cat until it's poor dying day. So i am completely stuck between a rock and a hard place wanting to get that poor 10 year old cat out of the hands of that women.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Betta Bomb

Call authorities? i dont know if there are any laws regarding cruelty to animals in that department but if that cat keeps having bad litters then something should be done i agree.
This is why i dont support breeders-alot of BS spat out by them and still money in their pockets.
Steal her!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I am not sure if the humane society deals with things like that i really hope they do and can take the poor girl away from them. I have gotten nothing but lies and excuses from her and why she can not bring the cat over. She's had one litter after another with no break inbetween. I should that poor girl deserves a better life it's almost like a kitten mill specially if she starts breeding her to son's then that would be completely horrid. Apparently they are animal lovers and have her, her two sons and her grandson but i do not think they are animal lovers at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Betta Bomb

If they truly loved animals they would completley understand the damage they are intentionally inflicting upon their cat and stop breeding her!! I hate when people say they love animals and then turn around and contradict themselves in one way or another...GRRRR

Keep us updated on her !!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I will. I hope for the sake of the cat they will stick with what they said and give her away to someone who cares and not keep having to make excuses and lie on why they don't want to let her go.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Betta Bomb

From what you have said i would go out and assume they will go back on their word and get as much money as possible from her whild they can.She's a "purebred" right? so if they are expensive why would she go and purchase another when in her mind she has a perfectly good breeding mom there...*sigh* i bet she's just stalling -you should try to get the SPCA in on it maybe they can do something?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I am sure about that as well i've seen her have a couple of ad's around at different places(only to delete them after my fiancee emailed her) i know that she is a torti calico. I don't think she will call me her one excuse was she had forgotten my phone number but she called me which made no sense to me. I think i will contact some rescues and see how i should persue this if she does call me again since you never know with his lady that if she gives her to me she might call animal control and say i stole the cat which is lady seem's that she would do.

Tags
old cat, pregnant