2-3 Month Kitten Has Bump Under Ribs HELP - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Exclamation 2-3 Month Kitten Has Bump Under Ribs HELP

Hi, my kitten has a small bump (inside her) under her rib cage on her right side. She went in for her second round of shots two days ago, but that is no where near where the vet gave her the shot. She acts fine and it doesnít seem to bother her when i touch it. Can this maybe be an organ Iím touching?

I thought I felt something a week ago but couldnít find it. But tonight she was sleeping and I was petting her and itís for sure there. Its a bit smaller than a dime but hard. Iím going to make her a vet appointment on Monday, unless someone can assure me Iím petting an organ??

I feed her and her brother two cans of fancy feast a day (to share) and as much kitten chow as they can eat. She was one of the runts of the little and right now weighs 4.25 pounds.

Let me know if anyone has been in a similar situation or has any clue what this can be??

Thank you..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 08:59 PM
Adolescent Pup

I am pretty sure you are not touching an organ as their organs are squishy not hard. It could be a number of things, it could be a cist (sp?) or thing similar, however it does not sound like a Liquid pocket.. I.e that holds fluid and or blood.. As the kitten would usually be sore if you messed with it. I would get her in to the vet. However if it's not hurting her I wouldn't think its too serious, but i'd still get her in
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

It doesn't hurt her, shes alot more calm than her brother. I'm going to take her to a different vet tomorrow. Its hard to find but it is for sure there, it kind of feels like it moves around when i press on it. She is just so tiny i figured i was maybe feeling something that was supposed to be there and i was over reacting.

I'd like for them to test it if they can, because if it is serious i want it taken care of right away. Even though she acts fine and like a little angel i'm VERY scared. Shes so tiny, healthy but small. I guess I'll see what happenends tomorrow after work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Adolescent Pup

Well there are ALOT of cist on pets that doesn't harm them or hurt them, even tumours. I had one on my rat one time it was HUGE!!! However even though the Tumour wasnt harmful i still decided to have it removed.. Was in fact the dumbest mistake as she passed the next day. Was just too much for her, but yeah not all are harmful.. Let us know what's going on with the little one !. Best of luck.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Hello Earthling

Most likely not an organ. The vet will be able to tell you for sure.

Also Fancy Feast is garbage, I would suggest feeding a much higher quality food.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

well I took her to a vet she was so tense and freaked out from all the dogs in there I coudlnt even feel it. I'm going to wait until she gets her third round of shots and have her vet look at it. Plus this vet doubled what he told me he was going to charge.

I'm a little pissed off, this lady was real serious about there NOT being anything there, but when samantha is relaxed at home and not freaked out if shes laying on her side you can feel it. I may just tell MY VET (not the one i took her to) that i want him to do an xray regardless if he feels it or not. This way i'll sleep at night.