2 Very Unhappy Kitties!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:32 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Unhappy 2 Very Unhappy Kitties!!

Yesterday Bubbles and Pickles both got spayed, and they aren't very happy at all. Miss Pickles seems to be doing better than Bubbles, but is still a bit grouchy. Bubbles is so mad at us, everytime I try to pet her, she hisses and attempts to run away, but can't run too fast because she is in pain We wanted to get them fixed about a month ago, but our schedules have just been crazy, so we dropped them off yesterday morning, before heading out for errands, and such! We would have waited until after our possible trip to the states, but Dr.Friz closes from the 6th-31st of January for inventory, audits, and such!
Poor kitties, I know they aren't feeling well and I just want show them that mommy didn't want to hurt them, and that I am only trying to do what is right, but Bubbles wants no part of either of us
I know this is normal, but yet it is so heartbreaking, because I know they are blaming us for the pain they are in!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:36 AM
Formerly Known as oreos_my_hedgie

they're probably just grogy. All my cats and dogs are fixed, and they love us anyway! Don't worry, they love you, we all have our moments!

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:37 AM
User Is No Longer Welcome

navy: ok, let's put this into perspective. they both just had hysterectomies. now do you expect a woman to be in a great mood after that sort of thing? my first spayed female was cranky for a week. they do get over it and it will get better. maybe just give them a food treat and let them recooperate before much contact. it will be ok. you did the right thing. hugs.
catlady
(i got so wrapped up in hamster questions i forgot my main animal knowlege- did cat rescue for 3 years)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:42 AM

Its the wearing off of the anesthesia. Even the sweetest cat wants to scratch your eyes out upon waking up. I had one cat that was affected for a couple of days. At one point I thought he was going to spring up from the floor to my face and scratch my eyes out. Thats not normal even for a nasty feral cat, lol. He was fine after a couple of days. I don't think its so much the pain but the drugs. They will be fine I am sure!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfur
navy: ok, let's put this into perspective. they both just had hysterectomies. now do you expect a woman to be in a great mood after that sort of thing? my first spayed female was cranky for a week. they do get over it and it will get better. maybe just give them a food treat and let them recooperate before much contact. it will be ok. you did the right thing. hugs.
catlady
(i got so wrapped up in hamster questions i forgot my main animal knowlege- did cat rescue for 3 years)
I know they just had surgery.....I'm NOT asking what is wrong with them!! I was just merely posting about my babies!! I have been fostering/rescueing animals for about 10 years and have worked off/on in the vet field for about 6 years now, I know what they are going through.
Sorry if my reply sounds a bit harsh, but I don't think my original post was fully understood

Thanks Dena I know it's the med's...poor babies!!!

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 05:32 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

awww poor babies Kim!! Thankfully none of my animals have been upset with me so far for being speyed/neutered. Biscuit was just a huge cuddle bug and the rabbits just fixed it by ripping out their staples (sooooo much fun! ). I'm sure Milko will be different though...I mean he just chucked a hissy fit cause I went to put him on the washing machine. I thought he liked it up there but he started hissing and acting all scared! Me thinks he jumped on the machine as it went into spin cycle!
Keep us updated on your kitties!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSbunny
I thought he liked it up there but he started hissing and acting all scared! Me thinks he jumped on the machine as it went into spin cycle!
Keep us updated on your kitties!!
poor Milko!!!

I went in the room earlier and bubbles actually let me pet her this time and poor Pickles just lays there in front of the space heater, keeping warm without a care in the world right now.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 06:55 AM

Awww. poor babies. Give them a hug for me
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy
Awww. poor babies. Give them a hug for me
Will do

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 08:34 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Aww the poor babies! Hopefully they are feeling better soon...no one likes to feel like crap...I know Gracie was in a lot of pain when we brought her home...Im sure they will be all lovey dovey with you soon. Especially when they remember that you are the one feeds them...they must be too groggy to remember that important tidbit right now...ahh kitties...

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 08:48 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

Just you wait... I bet as soon as they'll get over it they'll be like 'hey!! We're days behind on pets!!" and then be alll over you! *Giggles* hope it happens soon. Sad kitties make sad mommies,we all know.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Awee Kim, as pet owners we don't like to see our animals in pain and certainly don't like to get the cold shoulder. I am sure your babies will be doing better after the meds wear off and they aren't in as much pain.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks everyone I know they are in pain and are in absolute misery right now, my poor babies I guess I just got spoiled, because Tator kitty was back to normal in a day and acted like nothing happened when she got spayed, as did most of our dogs

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aww, the poor babies! Atleast you knwo they will be alright, now it's just the waiting game

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:43 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

It should be over soon....usually by the 4th day they are back to normal...then you'll be worrying cause they'll be too active for their stitches!! I'm glad they are slowly coming around to you now. When I took Biscuit home she was soooo exhausted she couldn't even walk. I had to carry her to the car and out of the car at home. If I wasn't an employee she would not have gone home. We usually keep them overnight if they are like that but I wanted her home with me. I think because I carried her out of there she thought I 'saved' her and she loved me straight away again! I feel for the vet who has take their stitches out! They might not be so happy next time!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy

Tags
pet owner