Adding wet food... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Change Oil

Adding wet food...

I'm considering adding wet food into my cat's diet. Not a whole lot, like a can or two a week. I bought two cans for a holiday treat, gave them to Callie (separately of course!) and she's been begging for more. She can be kinda vocal but lately when I enter the closet where I feed her, she gets very insistant as she does when she's low on food and water but this time she has plenty...

Callie has difficulty keeping weight on. She's just under her ideal weight now and has kept steady for probably 2-3 months now. She full reign of when and how much she eats of her food. I feed her Feline C/D and have for almost a year now I believe. Its a perscription diet to keep her weight on and even being able to eat it whenever she wants she's never crested over the suitable weight for her size which I believe the vet wanted her at 7-8 lbs. I'm not sure exactly how much she weighs now but 6-7 lbs most likely.

Does any one have comments or suggestions on what wet food I should give her or whether I should give any at all? I'm not looking to completely change her diet, just add this wet food as a treat sine she doesn't take to liking most other treats other than tuna juice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

we buy the little bags of natural choice for our cat, we give her half of the little baggy so we do one bag a week, but oh my she loves it lol...the vet told me to to use very little with our cat, shes over weight and had trouble digesting, but this kind doesn't hurt her stomach in any way...

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Change Oil

Nature Choice treats is that what it's called? I've seen some wet treats that come in bags. She's just so finicky about any dry other than her cat food. Where do you buy it?

No problems digesting or with being overweight... She's on this perscription diet dry food because she has trouble keep it on.

, [username] .

Contacts are my profile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I got it at petco but I have seen it at alot of the pet stores...she truely loves it...and there is no horrible pain for her afterwards....the vet recomended it for us...but alot of the people I have talked to have also liked it...

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Change Oil

I'll keep an eye out for it, Thanks!

, [username] .

Contacts are my profile.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 08:47 PM

PetSmart carries natural choice bags of wet canned food too but just one other suggestion. You can brown some hamburger meat too and give your cat that too to get her fattened up a bit. I use it on kittens when I have rescued them in the past and on my three year old cat that also has a hard time keeping it on. Just a suggestion.

Tags
canned food, cat food, dry food, pet store, pet stores, wet food