adopting new kitten - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Chimphead

Cool adopting new kitten

my fiancee wants to adopt a new kitten that was just born on saturday. My problem is how well our girls we already have will accept a new cat in to the fold. We had a wee bit of a tough time getting Tigger and Soxy Butt to bond i am not sure if i can go threw the hard time again. Both our girls are over a year old now so it may not be as bad, then again there was a time we brought Tigger home from the vet's and she no longer smelt of us since the vet bathed her and what not. Soxy Butt would attack and hiss at Tigger, which makes me wonder what they would do to a poor kitten. If we decided to bring her home it won't be for another 6 weeks so i guess, we will jsut wait and see what happens in that time.

Mum to 1 sweet angel Skyla
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 3 little Furry monsters Tigger (Wiggers)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Soxy Butt (toxic)
and Button (Butt Head)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 08:19 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Oh I am sure they will both hiss and smack at the kitten. From my experience it is completely normal for them to react like that. Before you know it though they will all be cuddling together. Unless you have abnormally dominant kitties I would not worry about that. My two still have their disagreements from time to time. But usually they are cuddle up together.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Chimphead

well something else has come up that will take presidnce over getting a new kitten.

, Soxy Butt (toxic)
and Button (Butt Head)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 09:37 PM
RAT ADDICT

Well if you do decide to get the kitten after,your cats will hiss and bat at it,as mentioned...but it is normal and they will most likely accept the little guy within a few days.Thats how it was when we had cats and brought in a couple to cat sit,ours were not impressed for about a week...but then next thing,they were all playing and cuddling.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 12:12 AM

like everyone else said it takes time for them to get along but before you know it everyone sleeping together. getting a new cat is a great idea for you if you only have two three is a great number
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 11:27 PM

so any updates are you getting her????
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Chimphead

to be honest i have no idea we haven't talked about it in a while. we have had other things going on in our lives and forgot about the kitten. So i don't think we will be getting her.

, Soxy Butt (toxic)
and Button (Butt Head)