Adventures in Nail Clipping - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Just Call Me Oblivious!

Adventures in Nail Clipping

So I was digging through the ... archives... when I came across this picture of Tim clipping my kitty's toenails... I think this was taken two years ago...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 02:02 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

What a picture!

Stephanie

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 02:58 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

haha! it took me a while to figure out which paw he had! cute.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 12:18 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

heheh aww, poor kitty doesn't like it. they never do though. Quite the contortionist kitty it appears though.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 01:48 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

What, no story here?

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 01:59 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula86
haha! it took me a while to figure out which paw he had! cute.
Same here! Very cute.

I usually sit on my kitties (no weight on them of course ) and hold them with my knees. They still try to get away but I always manage to clip all their nails like that.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Just Call Me Oblivious!

Wow, what a technique!

Lixx is complaining because on another forum, I drafted up a "news story" to go with this ... expose.... Shall I post it here too?? I was just too lazy to go to all the trouble of typing it up again (or even copying and pasting for that matter!)

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 10:06 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I read it and it's adorable. Please post!

Stephanie

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 10:11 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Please post!!! That pic is too funny!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Just Call Me Oblivious!

We are proud to present a piece tonight on toe nail clipping for the feline friend. We dug and dug back into the time capsule for this one -- so with a special news broadcast for you tonight, here is Malibu!

Thanks for the intro, Blu. I'm here tonight to give an eye-witness account of what happened in this... fiasco, to put it lightly.

Eye-witness? Weren't you the target?

Shut up, Blu. As I was saying, I was minding my own business when my owner's boyfriend got it in mind that he needed to be useful. I suppose someone decided that it was time my toenails were clipped. Something about the clacking on the kitchen tiles being very annoying or some such thing.

In any case, I decided that my nails were fine just the way they were. Of course would they listen to me when I told them so? Nooooooo. Of course not.

So, I would like to extend this warning to all the other cats out there. Even though they've put these fake claws on me now, they still trim my nails whenever it comes time to put more fakes on. This is not fun. I urge you, brethren, to resist and revolt! Together we can -

Now, now, now, Bu. Surely, it's not as bad as you think

No? You don't think so, Blu??

Let me show you THIS!

[insert picture here]

....Point taken, Bu.

Thank you, Blu.

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 10:29 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 02:47 PM

When cutting out kitty's nails we make a 'burrito kitty' where we roll her up in a towl with just her head poking out on end and the tail out the other. Then one paw at a time is removed, clipped, and put back in. She doesn't struggle at all and she's never had a bad clip. =)
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Just Call Me Oblivious!

Oh, we've tried that technique, and if it worked, we'd keep using it! lol... Our cats are somewhat overweight, and they are strictly indoor cats, and my cat in particular hates to be held at all for any reason! He'll come to you on his own terms and not before ...

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 06:27 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Maybe I should take a picture of me clipping Gerona's nails to show what a good kitty looks like at nail clipping time. I just plop them in my lap, tell them to sit still, and clip away. Galina is the only one that protests a bit. She will yowl and cry while you clip as through she were pleading for her life. "PLEEEAAASE don't clip them! I'll be good! I won't scratch the dog anymore! PLEAAASSSSEE leave them alone!"

Does he have the skunk reflex that our kitties have? That's the worst part about doing ANYTHING to our animals that they don't like--they feel it's the right time to release every ounce of flatulence they have in them.

"You want to clip my nails! *POOF* Take that!" (And then everyone runs for cover.)

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 09:39 AM
Tiny Grosskisser

Oh my pihlaja, the flatulence part was too funny!

Karen

[

Tags
indoor cat, indoor cats, poor kitty, sit still