Advice needed - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

Advice needed

at the ranch where Ashley rides her horse there are some barn cats...a lady dropped off a mom and 2 kittens, I say the mom needs a vet now, but they all say I am crazy, shes just a barn cat...like it made her nothing, I am going to just take her, but I want to know if I am doing the wrong thing by stepping in...I am enclosing pics of her and her kittens and I know they aren't great but they were the best I could do...the one of Ash and Brado holding the kitten is cute...we then explained you shouldn't hold a kitten like that...anyways please give me some advice please...oh and her kittens are 7 weeks old and bigger than mommy (she has the flea collar on)

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 01:17 AM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

I would take the mom to the vet, she looks thin and she hasnt eaten a whole lot. I am a new kitty owner so i wont be to useful on this subject. She looks as if she either has a really bad skin problem or horrible fleas, shes eaten a lot of her fur. I would say if you decided keeping both the mommy cat and the baby kittens get her on a high protein food, i dont know how old cats are when they are weined but you may be able to get the kitten to eat kitten food. There are a few posts on here that talk about good cat foods and stuff. If you decided to keep the kitties make sure you get them post tested for FeLV and Fip. I hope they are ok.

i forgot to add take the kittens in too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

they no longer nurse, they are eating kitty food and are pretty harty...but she is paper thin and has been losing fur on her legs and tail...she has an amazing personality...she just wants to be loved, I can't keep them because my cat has been said to have FIP...besides she belongs to the people who own the ranch...I am going to take her in tomorrow...I just hate that people who love their horses so much see this cat as just property and a mouse trap

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

If you are willing to pay and maintain her upkeep then I would take her. But if you can only afford to take her in, you may do more harm then good. Your best bet is to try your best to educate these people. If that fails, call animal control, a cat in those conditions should be seized.

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

Tags
animal control, cat food, kitten food