Advice please - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Red face Advice please

I need advice......have just moved due to a hellish time with a flatmate and since we've moved my poor smudge seems to have the runs. She not off her food, but last night i notice a bit of redness round her bum. She gets bicuist and meat every morning {she eats little and often} Should i take her off meat to help clear her system?

An rud is fhaich a dheanamh, 's fhaich e a deanamh ceart!

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the **** alone.

It's great to get back to nature. But instead of taking off all you clothes and running down the high street, why not 'become' a fruit? To achieve this, put some weird floaty music on, lie down, relax and say to yourself, "I am an apple. I am an apple. I can feel the wind brush against me as I hang in the tree." In no time at all you'll find that the worries of the day will melt away, and your only concern will be whether you're about to be turned into a pie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 07:30 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

She's used to having that every morning? It might be stress throwing her system off and I just might take her off it for a bit... although, that might be further change in her environment which is already kinda upside down. She may not be happy about it.

Has anything changed lately or has she gotten into anything she maybe shouldn't? I noticed when I moved that if Callie stole something off a plate when we weren't looking, she reacted more drastically to it than she would back home. Id keep an eye on her and try and make everything as similiar to before you moved as you can.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Well we moved into a caravan and she's peed on the couch, but ma says thats her marking her territory...which i guess is a case of 'new place, must make it mine' and she's using her litter tray for everything else. I don't think she's gotten into anything she shouldnt have....she's has been exploring tho. She more cuddly, but she been getting more cuddly before we moved.

Yeah, well all my stuff is there....like teddies, nig-knacks etc, there is familiar smells....and she can get into the bedroom, and well my bedding is on the bed....

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the **** alone.

It's great to get back to nature. But instead of taking off all you clothes and running down the high street, why not 'become' a fruit? To achieve this, put some weird floaty music on, lie down, relax and say to yourself, "I am an apple. I am an apple. I can feel the wind brush against me as I hang in the tree." In no time at all you'll find that the worries of the day will melt away, and your only concern will be whether you're about to be turned into a pie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

everything may seem familiar or smell familiar and that's a comfort but there are still a lot of things different. At least seh seems to be taking it well. peeing can be marking territory. Callie has started doing that near our entryway and I've sprayed some stuff that supposedly calms them so they don't feel the need to...

Sounds like Smudge is making a pretty good transition so maybe it is just stress and it'll clear up soon.

, [username] .

Contacts are my profile.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I have been told to put vinger where she is peeing....cats don't like the smell....or washing poweder, but the girsl who was telling me couldnt remember if it was bio or non-bio.

I've started giving her ALOT more attention then i used to, like really making a fuss of her...to the point where Smudge gets up and walks off when she's had enough.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 09:19 AM
Guarded by Waffles

That is a good idea, that way she knows you are still around. How is it going now? Have things calmed down? Maybe you could get her her own bed or something that she had in the past so it is familiar to her.

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

well she never really had a bed before, just a cusion that belonged to the rented house i was living in and wasnt aloud to take it with me.

She seems a little more settled....and doesnt seem to have the runs so bad....but that cause i'm just gving her biscuits....leae on that for the rest of the week and see how it goes

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thank you for the advice people, Smudges' system has cleared up, and i am slow introducting meat back into her diet {half a pouch each morning} and it hasnt seem to have affected her.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I am so glad things are looking up for you and Smudge

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

Glad to hear she's settled in>

, [username] .

Contacts are my profile.

Tags
litter tray