Aggresive cat advice - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Aggresive cat advice

I have had my cat Friskie since he was 4 months old. We found him eating out of a garbage can infront of our house. He is a 14lb. pure muscle orange tabby with a white chest and paws. He loves me, but has to stay in my room 24/7. We have 2 cats and 2 dogs which he is extremely aggresive towards. and we just brought home another cat and a turtle.
He can be a big sweet heart but most of the time he is very aggresive to anyone else that comes in my room. Is there anyway to get him to stop being so aggresive towards everyone and everything. Also he keeps scratching a leather chair in my room, i tried taking the chair out but he started scratching the frame of my bed. Even after i put a nice scratching post in my room he doesnt use to. Any tips?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Let me bump this up for you!

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Hello Earthling

You can get caps for their claws called' soft paws' they will help minimize the damage.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 10:37 PM

you should call your groomer. If she does cats she may carry soft claws and even put them on for you. We do at my shop.

sorry thats all of the advice i know to tell you. I am pretty new to having a cat myself
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 03:23 AM

Well my cat is a real sweetheart she loves me like crazy but i also had the same problem with scratching. I bought her a post to scratch but she didnt like it and it even had a sent of catnip so she scratches my wall and i try to stop her but when im sleeping she still does it.
Also with the aggression , she is probably overwhelmed by the pets that u have since she has to stay in one room 24/7 and a cat needs its space so if the room isn't that small she'll be territory aggressive she doesn't like anyone in the room because its the only room she has.

Tags
aggresive, cat