another urinating question - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

another urinating question

Ok...so Simba started urinating on my carpet now. It's really getting on my nerves because he will even do it right in front of me. There's no odd color to the urine or smell. He has a clean litter box and nothing has changed. Unless he's mad that I'm not usually at home but I haven't been for a few months now and this just started like a month ago. I just bought him a new litter box and new litter and hoping that helps. I learned that I can clean it with natures miracle to clear out the odor so he wont go back to the same spots which I'm going to do. He's going to work with me tomorrow so I can get an UA done on him and see if he has an UTI and that's why he's doing this but I honestly think it's behavioral. If nothing works, what else can I do?

My babies...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 01:02 AM
Miss New Booty

I know the situation you are in! That is what my kitty Snuggles was doing, although his was from not liking the covered box we got. Glad you are going to have the vet check him out, hope all is ok. You might talk to your vet about possible ideas/solutions if it is behavioral. He could be upset you haven't been home alot and he is trying to tell you. My vet said there is a medication route but I really didn't want to do that if I didn't have to. There is really good stuff that is vet reccomended too, called Feliway. It's a little expensive but it helps with behavioral issues and urinating outside the litter box, etc. There is a spray and a plug-in. You can even get it at PetSmart. Here's a link if you want to check it out and read about it.

http://www.catfaeries.com/feliway.html

There isn't a horrible smell from the urine though? I knew when Snuggles did it because I could smell it, cat urine is usually a strong smell, especially in the carpet! We sure found that out! lol And you are doing all the right things to get it out! We tried and tried and used tons of mixtures of things to get it out when he did it at our other house.
Hope all checks out ok and you figure out whats going on. Keep us posted.

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Well, there is a smell...but not abnormal. I'm airing out the stuff on the carpet right now and I vacuumed...or however you spell that.
I did take him to work with me. We did an UA on him and one of the tests came out abnormal but the other one was fine. They usually both have to be abnormal for it to be an UTI but she did say to just monitor him after I clean out the stains and if he does it again to get some antibiotics for him. The only bad thing is that I have to pill him cause he's too big for liquid. I honestly think it's behavioral. I'll probably try feliway if nothing works.
I don't think he was happy that I took him to work though. He was growling at me the whole time.

My babies...

Tags
litter box